The business of music is a global, multi-billion dollar industry comprised of individuals that you may never see, doing all the jobs that are essential to bringing the music you love to become commercially successful.
Today, independent artists are making their own careers – this requires them to be their own manager, promoter, social media expert – all while writing their next hit and marketing it themselves. Major labels now expect far more from the artist than ever before – big numbers in streams, views and followers.
It is essential for musicians to be educated on and understand the business of music. Knowing how the industry works behind the scenes is imperative to increasing your chances of success.
These lessons are designed to help you become more familiar with the landscape of the music industry from managers, agents & promoters to copyright, publishing & music supervision.
Areas that we will cover in your lessons:
- Primary and Ancillary Revenue Streams
- Music Marketing
- Artist Liaising and Artist Management
- Master recordings
- Independent Artists, Indie & Major Labels
- Distribution (physical & digital)
- Performance contracts
- Product and Professional Attitude
- Live Music Industry (promoters, agents)
- Branding (merch, sponsorships,)
- Copyright and Licensing
- Music Supervision (sync licensing)
- Inside the Record Business
- Mechanical Rights and Royalties
- Performing Rights Societies
Copyright © 2022 Native School of Music